Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Here's to Now.

     Growing up you always think in the mind set of "when I get I older, I want to be doing this..." But what happen when you actually get to that point and realized that you have not yet achieved what you said you would do. I turned 29 earlier this year and I feel like I have finally reached that point in my life. Over the years, I have learned more lessons then actually succeeding at anything. The biggest lesson was how to become a stronger person when you are dealt with obstacles and challenges in your life. Looking back at my 20s, I felt like I have wasted my time and dragged my feet on doing a lot of stuff. Scared of failing, I allowed other people to decide what I should do or needed to do. As a result, I discovered that I have failed myself.

     I have recently ended a big chapter in my life, which resulted in a lot of pain and heart ache. Eventually, you will find out more about that chapter. But I have learned that it has given me the opportunity to wipe the slate clean and start from starch. I take it as a sign that I should start focusing on myself, since I have lived in the shadow of doubt and fear my whole life. I remember the first time I heard the Gandhi quote which said that "We must become the change we want to see," I was so empowered by those simple words. But I never believed in myself enough to actually make the changes. So this is the year, that I start making the changes that I wanted to see in my life.

     After quickly losing my dad to cancer, I have discovered that life is to short for me to keep postponing the things that I have wanted to do on my Bucket List. An interesting question comes to mind, "when am I actually going to start doing things on the Bucket List?" A good approach to this situation would be to first answer the question and then create the Bucket List; in order to save yourself any feeling of disappointment or pressure to come. So I've decided to kill two birds with one stone by start doing the things on my Bucket List and blogging about it. My life for the next year is going to be an open book for everyone to read. I want to warn you in advance that my words could be raw at times. My sister has told me that I can be frank and bold with my words. But know that I am not a girly girl who is going to sugar coat every word that she said. Know that I do try best to look at both sides of an argument. Therefore, I wish that you would take what you can from it since this is a learning process for me.

Here's to Now!
So here is the Bucket List that I have created for this year. I'm not going to call them resolutions since I have missed out on both New Years (calendar and lunar). So I've decided to call them "The Dirty Thirty" because I wanted to see how much I can do before I turn 30. The reason why I took so long to come up with them is because I wanted to make them as realistic and concrete as possible. I will cross them off the list once I have provided the proof that I have completed it, by posting it on the blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Grace and Emerald