Thursday, March 1, 2012

Sail Me Away.



     I started sailing a little more than a year ago with my ex-boyfriend, Joe. He stared taking lessons and was hooked. Then my birthday came around and he bought me a few lessons and I become hooked as well. Looking back, it was the best birthday present I've received from him because I will not be sailing today if he never turned me onto it. After completing our lessons, every Saturday we would rent a small 24-foot sail boat and cruise around Mission Bay (located in San Diego, California). We took turns manning the helm, while the other learned to trim the jib. Unfortunately, my relationship with Joe did not last as long as my relationship with sailing, we went our separate ways by the end of last year. The beginning of this year brought new found hope when I was referred to Sly McFly, a great sailing team that participated in the local regattas in San Diego. I quickly bonded with the team after a few sails. With one race in particular, an ocean race around the Coronado Islands that was supposed to take 12 hours ended up taking close to 24 hours due to lack of wind, but it sealed my faith and trust in the captain and crew.



  "When I am out on the water, I am free. I see the world from a different point of view as I follow each puff of wind to new discoveries." -GT

     If I have sparked your interest in sailing, then you can contact me or Sly McFly to participate in the next regatta in San Diego. Otherwise stay tune, more photos to come and a captain's log of the last regatta.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Grace and Emerald